How often per day do you find yourself caring for your teeth and gums? If you are only limiting your oral health care to brushing and flossing in the mornings and at night you are probably not doing enough to keep your smile safe. This is because oral accidents and injuries arise during the day and are often the result of lifestyle choices you make. Thus, additional care may be required. Here are some tips to help you with your healthcare:
– Make sure that you’re taking care of your oral health by improving all aspects of your life. This includes avoiding unhealthy products such as tobacco.
– Always make sure you visit your dentist for routine checkups and oral examinations to ensure your smile can continue to function as intended.
– Be sure to brush your tongue as needed and use a tongue scraper whenever possible. This can help remove bacteria that lingers on your tongue.
– Exercise caution with any foods and drinks that you consume and eat nutritious and well-balanced meals. In addition, remove any snacking habits from your life as constant snacking throughout the day can increase your risk of tooth decay.
– Always be sure to use cleaning products that are safe and effective and can effectively keep your smile clean.
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups and professional cleanings as needed. If you should suffer any oral accidents or injuries, your dentist will be able to provide you with the ideal restorations.
If you would like an oral health assessment from Thomas Hirsch DDS at our dentist office in Malibu, California, please connect with us at 310-456-3363. Dr. Thomas Hirsch and our entire team will ensure you get the attention your smile desires.